Because the Bureau of Educator Certification has launched a new online application system those who have applied online in the past—or those who wish to submit an application for certification for the first time— must complete this process.
Information required to set up an account:
- Valid Email address
Information required to onboard an existing online account
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
New Account Setup and Initial Onboarding Process
1. Access the online certification website at https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/login.do
2. You must click the link under New User – “Begin Here for Sign Up”.
3. You must complete all of the required fields for user registration and then click “Next”. We highly recommend that you check the “use email address as user id” box and that you click
“Yes” for email communication. You are able, however, to choose the user id that you prefer. The department will now issue all correspondence via email.
4. After clicking “Next” you will preview registration details. Click “Save” to continue the registration process. Click “Edit” if you must correct any of the entries displayed.
5. You will receive a confirmation email at the address you provided that will include a temporary password. Click the blue “Return” in the bottom right-hand corner to be redirected to the login page. You will then have to log in using the user id that you created and the temporary password that was emailed to you.
6. The email issued from the system will provide the Temporary Password. An example of part of that email is shown below:
7. Once you have clicked “Return” you will be taken back to the login page at https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/login.do you will need to enter your User ID and the temporary password provided to you and then click “Sign In”.
8. Once you have logged in you will be prompted to change your password. Enter the temporary password provided as the “old password” and then enter your new password and confirm that password. You must click “Save” to proceed to initial onboarding.
9. You will be taken to the following screen. The last name is automatically populated. Do not make any updates to the name shown in the last name field. If your name has changed since you last applied, you must update that information in an application. You must make sure to enter your social security number and date of birth. Click “Next” to continue.
After you click “next” the system will search for existing licenses. You will see one of the following screens:
10. You will see “Initial Onboarding – No Matching License Found” if the system was not able to match the information you entered to a file in our system. Click “Next” to continue on to the Quick Start Menu to view the information on file and/or begin a new application.
11. You will see “Initial Onboarding –Matching License Results” if your information is found. Your name will be listed, your License Types (Educator Certification, Athletic Coaching, etc.) will be shown, as will your License Status and your License number. Select “I Confirm . . . “ and then click “Next”.
If you have never been issued a license and only held an Official Statement of Status of Eligibility, the license number will not be displayed. Only your name and “Indiv/Org Number” will be displayed along with the License Type that you applied for. You may contact our office to confirm that this record is yours if you would like, but there should be no issues if the SSN and date of birth were entered correctly on the previous screen.
After you have completed the onboarding process you will be routed to the Quick Start Menu. If you see “Initial Onboarding – No Matching License Found” your Quick Start Menu will look like this:
If you see “Initial Onboarding –Matching License Results” and confirm the information, your Quick Start Menu will be similar to the screen below. The page will show each License Type (Educator Certificate, Athletic Coaching, and/or Speech Language Impaired, or Exchange Teacher).