Teen Parent Program
The Teen Parent Program is designed to meet the needs of pregnant or parenting students and their children. This voluntary program provides participating students with educational and ancillary services to facilitate the completion of high school. Services include:
Coordinated health care and social services
Student Eligibility Criteria
Pregnant and parenting students who are enrolled in a K-12 public school are eligible to participate in the Teen Parent Program. Pregnant students must present medical documentation as proof of pregnancy. Parenting students must present the child’s birth certificate or other official medical record(s) of the child’s birth.
Teen fathers, who are currently enrolled students, are also encouraged to participate in the Teen Parent Program. Documentation of fatherhood must also be presented. A child’s birth certificate with the father’s name documented or a notarized affidavit of fatherhood is acceptable.
The decision to attend the Teen Parent Program is based on a voluntary agreement between the student, the home school guidance counselor, and the student’s parent/guardian.
An appointment is then made with the appropriate Teen Parent Program staff member to continue the enrollment process.
The Teen Parent Program Student Handbook provides more information on what the program involves.
Program Options and Locations
There are two service options available to students entering the Teen Parent Program.
1. Enroll at a Teen Parent Program Site with childcare and ancillary on site that include transportation, childcare, parenting class, social services and health care:
- Auburndale Teen Parent Program located on the campus of Auburndale High School 1 Bloodhound Trail, Auburndale, Florida (new)
- Haines City High School Teen Parent Program, located on the campus of Haines City High School, 2800 Hornet Drive, Haines City, Florida 33844.
- Kathleen High School Teen Parent located on the campus of Kathleen High School 1100 Red Devil’s Way Lakeland Florida 33815
- Ridge Teen Parent Program, located at Ridge Technical College, 7700 State Road 544, Winter Haven, Florida 33881
- Traviss Teen Parent Program, located at Traviss Technical College, 3225 Winter Lake Road, Lakeland, FL 33803
2. Remain at Home School
Students may remain at their home school and receive the benefits from education at that school. In addition to continuing their regular academic studies, pregnant or parenting students who are enrolled and complete the required parenting course with a grade of “C” or better receive ancillary services, including voucher childcare services, coordinated health services and social services.