The 2020-21 sports season for Polk County Public Schools officially kicks off next week, and there will be additional safety measures in place to help protect students, staff and families against the spread of COVID-19.
Here are the highlights:
– Attendance at athletic competitions will be limited to allow for social distancing of at least six feet between individuals who are not from the same household. Spectators will not be allowed to attend practices.
– Spectators must wear wear a mask or face covering to attend games and will be required to exit the venue after the contest; fans will not be allowed on the field. Congregating before or after games will not be permitted.
– Spectators are asked to conduct a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before attending a competition. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home. Signs (please see below) will be posted at the gate to remind attendees about these procedures.
– Tickets for the general public will be available at the gate on a first-come, first-served basis. Families of student-athletes will be provided the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets per rostered player and cheerleader. These tickets will be made available via pre-sale or at the gate. Families of marching band members (who are performing at the game) will also have the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets per student.
– Concession stands will be available with a limited number of items for sale. Restrooms will be open, but we ask attendees to avoid forming lines or crowds.
– For additional information, please contact your school’s athletics department.