Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct provides rules and regulations to govern student behavior during school, en route to and from school, and at school-related events. It also outlines actions that interfere with school programs and/or are prohibited by state law.
Forms included in Code of Conduct:
Dress Code and Uniform Information
Please visit our Dress Code web page for more information on the district’s dress code for students.
Please visit our Enrollment web page for more information on how to enroll in a Polk County public school.
For additional information regarding Home Education, please visit our Home Education page.
Medical Forms and Procedures
- Entrance & Immunization Requirements
- Authorization for Medication and Treatment – Permitting necessary medication or treatment while at school
- Medical Treatment Authorization Form – Permitting necessary medical treatment while on field trips
- Mandated Health Screening Opt-Out Form – English | Spanish | Haitian Creole
- Diabetes Medical Management Parent Letter – English | Spanish | Haitian Creole
- Diabetes Medical Management Plan Form
- Protocol for Managing Diabetes
- Seizure Emergency Authorization for Medication/Treatment
- Tdap Vaccine Consent Form – English | Spanish | Haitian Creole
School Board Policies
The School Board of Polk County determines and adopts lawful policies and programs that are deemed necessary for the efficient operation and general improvement of the school district. The School Board also adopts rules and regulations to supplement those prescribed by the State Board of Education that will contribute to an orderly and efficient operation of the school district.
Student Progression Plan
The Student Progression Plan for Polk County Public Schools presents the School Board rule and administrative procedures required for implementing state legislative and local School Board pupil progression requirements. Specific criteria have been set in the Student Progression Plan. The plan is designed to indicate what actions will be taken during the school year to assist the student. Particular emphasis is placed upon the pupil’s mastery of basic skills before he/she is promoted.
- Student Progression Plan BOARD APPROVED 09/17/19
Technology Division Related Policies
|1281||Use of Employee’s Personal Property at School|
|2520||Instructional Materials and Equipment|
|2540||Audio Visual Use|
|3281, 4281||Use of Employee’s Personal Property at School|
|5136||Personal Communication Devices|
|5513||Care of School Property|
|7310||Disposition of Surplus Property|
|7320||Acquisition, Removal, Disposal, Sale, or Exchange of Major Tangible Property|
|7530||Lending of Board-Owned Equipment|
|7530.01||Wireless Communication Allowance and Staff Use of Wireless Communications Devices|
|7540||Computer Technology and Networks|
|7540.02||District Web Content|
|7540.03||Student Network and Internet Acceptable Use and Safety|
|7540.04||Staff Network and Internet Acceptable Use and Safety|
|7542||Access to Technology Resources from Personal Communication Devices|
|7543||Utilization of Remote Access to the District’s Network|