Hard Copy Applications
Hard Copy Scholarship Applications are used for awards being made outside of our online application process, such as for Polk County private school students and out of county / state qualifying applicants, etc. They may be for a specific school or demographic only, so please read the list carefully.
There may also be scholarships noted at the very bottom that were started after the online application opened, please continue to check that section periodically for updates. HIT “VIEW” and “REFRESH” each time you visit this page to make sure you can see all updates.
Please read through the criteria for each scholarship and if eligible, download and complete the application and return it to the Polk Education Foundation by the deadline noted on the application.
East and West Area Adult Schools Application
- These awards are for adult school students completing their high school diploma and moving on to some type of post-secondary education. Click here for the application.
Ridge and Travis Career Center Application
- Joanne Hudson Cook Scholarship is for a student who is a single parent and graduates from the Ridge Teen Parent program or Haines City High School and plans on attending Ridge Career Center. Click here for the application.
- These awards are for Ridge and Travis Career Center Students. Click here for application.
AFSCME Local 2227 Applications
- There are two application links here. The first application is ONLY for students who live outside of Polk County. Click here for that application. (Polk County students should use the online PEF application, link above.)
- Former AFSCME Local 2227 recipients can apply for renewal here.
Staff Sergeant John Reiners Memorial Application
- This application is for students outside of Polk County who are a JROTC Cadet who participated in the SSG John Reiners Memorial Walk/Jog-a-thon at Haines City High School. Click here for the application.
Badcock Home Furniture & More Applications
- This application is ONLY for applicants outside Polk County or the state of Florida. It encompasses seven Badcock scholarship opportunities. Polk County students must apply for these same scholarships in the PEF online application process. Click here for the application.
Polk Education Association Application
- This application is for students whose parents are members of the PEA, but the student attends high school outside of Polk County. Click here for the application.
Dr. N.E. Roberts Memorial Scholarship Application
- This application is for current high school seniors and past Dr. N.E. Roberts Memorial Scholarship recipients. Parent must be an ASBA member for student to apply. Click here for the application.
Scholarship Applications opened after initial release
Private School Applications
- This application is for students who attend a private school in Polk County, not Polk public and charter schools. Click here for application.
Take Stock in Children Scholarships
Previous Recipients of PEF Scholarships
For previous scholarship recipients who need to request funds, please complete the form below and return it to the Polk Education Foundation using the address provided on the form. A copy of the thank you note written to your donor must also be on file with this form to have funds disbursed.
Recipients receive a copy of the Scholarship Policy with their award letter. A policy copy is also sent to each college or university with scholarship checks.
Fund a Scholarship
You can sponsor a scholarship for Polk County High School graduating seniors in your club or business name, or, in memory of a loved one. After the application period ends, all scholarship applications are collected, screened and recipients selected through a competitive application process using the criteria each donor has set. We strive to make sure each application is given focus and attention to allow for the best candidates to be awarded scholarships. Donors can choose to participate in the selection process or allow a PEF committee to make those selections. Donors determine the criteria and the amount for the award. Scholarships can be designated for certain schools or groups of recipients. PEF staff would be happy to speak to you about the process, call 863-534-0434 to discuss.
Scholarships are promoted online every January through the Polk County School District and Polk Education Foundation. The last list of scholarships offered can be found at a link at the top of this page. Scholarship funds are awarded in the spring of each year; funds are not distributed directly to the student. A check is mailed payable to the college of the student’s choice during the first part of July. Thank you notes are required to be sent to each donor of a scholarship by its recipient prior to funds being disbursed.
By creating an endowed scholarship, you will have a perpetual scholarship awarded each year with no other investment needed. Endowed funds must however be invested for one year before they pay for an award. PEF’s endowment funds are professionally managed by at least 2 management firms per PEF policy. Currently a $10,000.00 donation equals a perpetual $500 scholarship. Endowed amounts and corresponding awards increase incrementally by each $10,000 donated. For more information, please contact Susan Copeland phone: (863) 534-0434.
Florida Prepaid’s Open Enrollment!
Education is the greatest gift anyone can receive and Florida Prepaid College Plans allow you to give that gift! Because of this, from now through the end of open enrollment on April 30th, we are encouraging families to enroll in a college savings plan using promo code POLK1920 for $25 off.