Anecdotes from Adapters
Something I will never forget is the day one of my students got to experience the ocean through Augmented Reality. She was speechless and started crying of excitement. When I ask her why she was crying, she replied that she’s never been to the beach or ocean before and with Augmented Reality it felt so real she could almost swim. – Jesse Keen teacher
A Crystal Lake Middle School Teacher shared how student learning and amazement was evident during the various hydroponic lessons. The whole class was engaged on a daily basis. From the 1stt day students planted the seeds until they harvested the crop of lettuce, the students were “hooked on hydroponics”. There was constant buzz in the classroom, the students would basically run in the classroom to see the growth. They were on the computer looking up websites, reading books and magazines from the library to ensure their project was on schedule. Numerous discussions were sparked by their desire to learn more on this topic. A teacher commented, “It was amazing how your students worked on the assignment topics and tasks. I saw such great collaborative learning going on in your classroom. The best part I noticed was the students realized how hydroponics related to the real world and how it can be connected to the their own lives.” The PE coach commented, “Wow, what a terrific way to teach your students about agriculture and a touch of botany all at the same time. I hear them talk about the lessons when they are in P.E”.
Developer & Adapter Grant Recipients Announced!
Congratulations to our 2020 – 2021 Developer Grant Recipients!
Congratulations to our 2020 – 2021 Adapter Grant Recipients!
- Mary Deal, Alturas Elementary
- Shelley Reinacher, Alturas Elementary
- Maude Graham, Blake Academy
- Melissa Massey, Bowling Green Elementary
- Gloria Neel, Bowling Green Elementary
- Brandi Miller, Caldwell Elementary
- Leslie Fernbaugh, Crystal Lake Elementary
- Marcia Berger, Crystal Lake Middle School
- Natalie James, Highlands Grove Elementary
- Selina Fontaine, Kathleen Elementary
- Kathleen Mizell, Lewis Anna Woodbury
- Jennifer Burnett, McKeel Academy Central
- Vanessa Holmes, McKeel Academy Central
- Jennifer Karol, Padgett Elementary
- Christina Edmiston, Sleepy Hill Elementary School
- Suzanne Williams, South McKeel Academy
- Julia Reckord, Valleyview Elementary
Thank You to Sponsors, Vendors & Door Prize Contributors!
Badcock Home Furniture & More, Consortium of Florida Education Foundations, Hardee Co. Education Foundation, Mosaic, Publix Super Markets Charities, School District Education Foundation Matching Grant Program, Tampa Bay Lightning Foundation and Wells Fargo.
Thank You to the following businesses for the door prize and goodie bag donations!
Bartow Regional Medical Center, Joanne’s, Publix, Watson Clinic & more!