The Parent Portal is a service offered to parents and guardians for accessing certain student records. The service allows parents and guardians to access information about ALL of their students through one convenient website. This eliminates the need to visit several different websites, make telephone calls or visit the school to access records and information.
Important: On August 9, 2018, Polk County Public Schools upgraded its Parent Portal system. If you missed the opportunity to migrate your existing parent portal account prior to July 27, please refer to the “How do I create my Parent Portal account and attach my students?” section below.
How do I access Parent Portal?
If you have a registerd Parent Portal account, visit https://focusk12.polk-fl.net/focus/ and enter your username and password. Your username is the personal email address that you used when you registered your account.
How do I create my Parent Portal account?
- Obtain a P.I.N. number for each of your students by visiting his or her school. This P.I.N. is unique to your student and only your student. Parents/guardians must show proof at the school in order to receive this unique P.I.N. number DO NOT share this P.I.N. number with others.
- Create a Parent Portal account, if you don’t already have one, by visiting https://focusk12.polk-fl.net/focus/auth/ and clicking “I DO NOT have an Account Registered on the Parent Portal but my child is Actively Enrolled.”
The form below will appear. Complete the form and click the “Submit” button to register your Parent Portal account.
Important Note: Your personal email address provided at the time of registration will become your Parent Portal username. PCPS employees must use a personal email address. Do not register your account with your @polk-fl.net email address.
- Proceed to the next section to attach your student(s) to your Parent Portal account.
How do I attach my student(s) to my Parent Portal Account?
- Visit https://focusk12.polk-fl.net/focus/auth/ and click the “I have an Account Registered on the Parent Portal but would like to ADD A CHILD” link as seen below.
- Login into your Parent Portal account. Next, select “I would like to ADD ANOTHER CHILD.”
- Complete the form by entering the Student ID including the “5300,” the student’s date of birth, and the corresponding P.I.N. number that you obtained from your child’s school. When finished, click the box next to “I’m not a robot” and then click “Add Student.”
After clicking “Add Student,” the screen will reload and information for that student will appear.
- Repeat these steps to attach additional students to your Parent Portal account.
I’ve registered, now what?
Welcome to the Parent Portal. After attaching all of your students, you will arrive at the Parent Portal homepage. To view details in a particular category click on one of your students then select the category you wish to view.
I have forgotten my Parent Portal password. How can I reset it?
Visit https://focusk12.polk-fl.net/focus/auth/ and click “I have Forgotten My Password and would like to generate a new one.”