Accepting or Declining Through Parent Portal
There are three possible alerts notifying you of your student’s status that you will see on the Parent Portal.
Pending Acceptance Status
If your child has received a pending acceptance status for any program then you will see an Alert that says:
Note: The alert only displays the application titles that your child received a pending accepted status.
- Click on the alert to view more details or to finalize your child’s choice acceptance.
- Click the green Accept Application for the program you want to accept.
- A confirmation message will display confirming the acceptance for the selected program.
- Click the Accept Application button. As soon as you accept your seat, you are removed from all other lottery selections.
- You will now see the accepted alert on your Parent Portal. No further action is necessary.
If your child has been waitlisted for any program then you will see an Alert that says:
Note: The alert only displays the application titles that your child has been waitlisted.
- No action needs to be done for the waitlisted status.
If you accept a program for your child then you will see an Alert that says:
Note: The alert only displays the application title that you have accepted for your student.
- No further action needs to be completed once you accept a program for your child, unless you would like to cancel the acceptance.
What to do if you don’t see an Alert
Go to the My Child Menu > View School Choice Applications screen to see if your student application status has been updated.
What to do if you want to cancel an application that is already accepted
- If you accept a program but later changed your mind and want your child to go to their zoned school or apply to Controlled Open Enrollment, you can cancel the already accepted application. To cancel an application
- Click the accepted alert. The same page can also be accessed by going to the My Child menu and selecting View School Choice Applications.
- On the next page, click the Cancel Application button ONLY if you want to cancel the acceptance to a program.
- You will see a pop-up confirming the cancellation to the program.
- All application statuses will be set to Canceled.
- Cancelling an application is FINAL. Your child will no longer be considered for the program.
How to view your student’s status
- Click on the Alert to view your student’s status.
2. Or go to the My Child menu and select View Choice Applications to access the same screen.
In alignment with our process, families have 10 days from notification in which to accept a program. At the end of the 10-day window any pending acceptance statuses remaining will automatically be declined, and removed for no response from all schools for which they applied. Your acceptance decision will be final.