Eighteen new PCPS teachers have made this year’s list of “Rising Stars” by Delta Kappa Gamma.
DKG is an international society that promotes women educators. Every year the local Lambda chapter names a list of Rising Stars, who are new, “exemplary and promising” teachers (male or female) from PCPS schools, nominated by their principals.
The honorees were recognized during a ceremony last week in Lakeland, and each received a $50 prize.
“All of the honorees are making a significant difference in the lives of the students, staff and families at the schools that they serve. They are all going above and beyond to make sure that students are learning and reaching their goals,” said Dr. Lana Headley, principal of Dundee Elementary Academy and vice president of DKG’s Lambda chapter. “This year’s Rising Stars are going to continue to shine brightly in Polk County schools. We look forward to many more accomplishments in store for these new teachers.”
Congratulations to our Rising Stars for 2022-23, and thank you for choosing PCPS.
- Emi Davis, Spessard Holland Elementary
- Jordan Fawley, Lewis Anna Woodbury Elementary
- Jerry Fenner III, Boswell Elementary
- Stephanie Gibson, Willow Oak School
- Cecilia Gonzalez, Dundee Elementary Academy
- Vanessa Gonzalez, Horizons Elementary
- Jannette Hager, Bartow Middle
- Zachary Kerst, Philip O’Brien Elementary
- Heather Kunze, Floral Avenue Elementary
- Lindsey Liebrecht, Padgett Elementary
- Carman Long, Citrus Ridge: A Civics Academy
- Kathryn Marini, Combee Academy
- Stephanie Mimbs, Elbert Elementary
- Kesha Mirand, Garner Elementary
- Ashleigh Sanders, Frostproof Ben Hill Griffin Jr. Elementary
- Deano Spalding, Loughman Oaks Elementary
- Alyssa Truba, Lake Alfred Elementary
- Alison Wurth, Sandhill Elementary