The Polk District College Fair is almost here!
This year’s FREE event will be held entirely online on Wednesday, Oct. 13, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Families will have an opportunity to connect live and speak with admissions representatives from more than 70 colleges and universities.
“We know there’s a need, and we want to continuously expose our students to their postsecondary options,” said Monique Byrd, PCPS’ college and career specialist. “This is a virtual platform where they can explore various institutions and connect live with admissions counselors. It really simulates the in-person college fair experience for students and parents.”
A few tips for Polk District College Fair attendees:
- Register with the email account that you check the most. You don’t want to miss important event information.
- Complete all questions asked on the registration form. This helps the system match you with your college interests.
- Educators and parents: Yes, you can attend. Please register using the student link. You will be asked the same questions as students.
- Plan and prepare before the fair! Start exploring the virtual lobby now. The colleges and universities have videos, brochures,= and photos that you can view, download or add to your virtual backpack.
- Got questions? Be sure to prepare your questions before the event so you can optimize your time during the live sessions with college admissions counselors.