Polk County Public Schools will soon begin accepting school choice applications for the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
This is an opportunity for families to apply for their students to attend a variety of PCPS programs, including:
– Magnet/choice schools
– Career academies (middle and high school)
– International Baccalaureate and Cambridge AICE
Families must submit their applications online via Parent Portal during the application window from Jan. 9 to Feb. 15. All applications are chosen based on a lottery system (with the exception of IB/Cambridge, which have academic requirements).
PCPS is hosting a series of School Choice Showcases in January to give families a chance to explore their school options. Each showcase will highlight the options available at PCPS schools in the surrounding community. The four showcases will be held from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the following locations:
– Tuesday, Jan. 10 – Bartow Civic Center (Bartow)
– Thursday, Jan. 12 – Lake Eva Event Center (Haines City)
– Tuesday, Jan. 17 – Advent Health Fieldhouse (Winter Haven)
– Thursday, Jan. 19 – Lakeland Square Mall (Lakeland)
For more information about PCPS magnet/choice schools, please call 863-534-0631 ext. 788. For questions about career academies, please call 863-519-8438 ext. 819. IB and Cambridge AICE questions should be directed to 863-534-0631 ext. 794.
Please see polkschoolsfl.com/schooloptions for more info.