The Polk County School Board has approved pay raises for the district’s bus drivers, attendants, custodians and other employee groups.
Earlier this month, Polk County Public Schools reached a tentative pay agreement with AFSCME Local 2227, the union representing PCPS bus drivers and attendants; custodial, maintenance and warehouse personnel; and school nutrition assistants. The agreement was ratified by AFSCME members on Saturday and approved by school board members during Tuesday’s meeting.
See the full document here. The highlights include:
- Entry-level pay for full-time drivers will increase to $14.50, up from $13.40. The pay raise is retroactive to July 1, 2021.
- Veteran PCPS bus drivers will also see pay raises, depending on their salary level/years of experience.
- PCPS is also implementing a $500 retention bonus for newly hired drivers, and a $150 referral bonus for existing drivers and attendants who refer new driver applicants hired by PCPS.
All other AFSCME employee groups
- The minimum base salary for bus attendants, custodians and school nutrition assistants will increase to $11 per hour, retroactive to July 1, 2021.
- Each employee group (other than bus drivers) will see a pay increase totaling $1.50 per hour over the next two years ($0.75 each year).