Twenty-one new PCPS teachers have made this year’s list of “Rising Stars” by Delta Kappa Gamma.
DKG is an international society that promotes women educators. Every year the local Lambda chapter names a list of Rising Stars, who are new, “exemplary and promising” teachers (male or female) from PCPS schools, nominated by their principals.
The honorees are recognized during a ceremony and each awarded a $50 prize. This year’s virtual event will take place on Thursday.
Congratulations to our Rising Stars for 2021-22! We are proud to have you with us.
“This year’s group of honorees have persevered through many challenges, especially with COVID,” said Dr. Lana Tatom, principal of Dundee Elementary Academy and president of DKG’s Lambda chapter. “They’ve gone above and beyond — they’ve all just jumped right in and embraced teaching. We look forward to the many things they’ll accomplish in the coming years.”
This year’s honorees:
- Stephanie Blawas, Sandhill Elementary
- Madison Brown, Rochelle School of the Arts
- Emily Colburn, Kathleen Elementary
- Layne Dasher, Chain of Lakes Elementary
- Pamela DiMichele, Pinewood Elementary
- Alexandra Fox, Palmetto Elementary
- Emily Grace, Sleepy Hill Elementary
- Anya Hockenberry, Combee Academy
- Lesly Louis-Marc, Fort Meade Middle-Senior
- Angelbert Mariano, McLaughlin Middle
- Ann Marich, Snively Elementary
- Maria McDougall, Horizons Elementary
- Talor McGraw, Winston Academy
- Phoenix Moony, Dundee Elementary Academy
- Kendra Moxon, Lake Gibson High
- Milton Ramos, Bartow Middle
- Sara Roark, Frostproof Ben Hill Griffin Jr. Elementary
- Delaney Roberts, Highland City Elementary
- Claire Simmons, Brigham Academy
- Alyssa Smith, Garden Grove Elementary
- Allison Tracey, Lincoln Avenue Academy