Registration is underway for new students entering kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
Parents and guardians should register their child as soon as possible to ensure that their kindergartener gets a seat at his or her zoned school. The registration period ends on April 30, 2021.
Schools will conduct virtual kindergarten tours. Parents should contact their child’s school to find out when these virtual tours will take place.
IMPORTANT: Students entering kindergarten must be five years old on or before Sept. 1, 2021.
Steps for Registration
– For steps on how to enroll a child in a Polk County public school, as well as a checklist of necessary documents parents will need for the enrollment process, visit polkschoolsfl.com/enroll.
As part of PCPS’ response to the coronavirus pandemic, parents are asked to contact their school and make an appointment for submitting enrollment paperwork. Parents should not visit schools without making an appointment; this is necessary to ensure PCPS abides by social distancing guidelines.
To enroll a new kindergarten student, parents and/or guardians must present the following:
(1) Birthdate verification, a current physical exam dated within the last 12 months and a certificate of immunization (Florida Department of Health form 680) showing all shots, including second MMR, polio, DPT/DTaP, Hepatitis B series and second varicella or signed proof of chicken pox.
(2) Two proofs of residency are also required. Acceptable proofs of residency include:
• Mortgage document
• Property tax record
• Home or apartment lease agreement
• Current utility bill (electric, gas, phone, water, cable)
• Current voter registration document
• Proof of government benefits (Medicare, disability, food stamps, DCF correspondence)
• Current Florida driver’s license
• Automobile registration or automobile insurance
For additional information about kindergarten registration, parents can contact their child’s zoned school or PCPS’ Pupil Accounting office at 863-519-7600 (option 1).