Polk County Public Schools’ 2019 graduations will come with several changes for graduates and their families. To assist students and parents in planning for the graduation season, the school district is announcing the following changes for ceremonies that will take place at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland:
- Each graduate will receive tickets to their graduation ceremony through their school. The number of tickets each graduate will receive will depend on the total number of graduates. The RP Funding Center’s Jenkins Arena seats approximately 4,000, including general seating and seating for the handicapped. The number of available seats will be divided by the number of graduates to determine how many tickets each graduate will receive. Schools will work with graduates who need more or fewer tickets, making every effort to accommodate those requests.
- Tickets are free and will have a list of security procedures on the back.
- Attendees must present their tickets to be admitted to their graduate’s ceremony. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Graduations occurring at the RP Funding Center will be live-streamed on YouTube, allowing those unable to attend the ceremony to witness their graduate’s milestone. Live-streams can be accessed at PolkSchoolsFL.com/graduation.
- Attendees should plan on arriving two hours prior to their graduate’s ceremony to ensure they have enough time to get through security.
Graduations taking place at the RP Funding Center include:
- Kathleen High School, May 21, 2 p.m.
- Haines City High School/Haines City IB, May 21, 8 p.m.
- Tenoroc High School, May 23, 2 p.m.
- Harrison School for the Arts, May 23, 4 p.m. (Youkey Theatre at RP Funding Center)
- Lakeland High School, May 23, 8 p.m.
- Mulberry High School, May 24, 2 p.m.
- Ridge Community High School, May 24, 8 p.m.,
- Lake Region High School, May 28, 2 p.m.
- Bartow High School/Bartow IB, Summerlin Academy, May 28, 8 p.m.
- George Jenkins High School, May 29, 2 p.m.
- Lake Gibson High School, May 29, 8 p.m.
- Winter Haven High School, May 30, 6 p.m.
Other PCPS graduations are as follows:
- Auburndale High School, May 20, 7 p.m., Bruce Canova Stadium, Auburndale
- Davenport Community Campus, May 9, 6:30 p.m., Branscomb Auditorium, Florida Southern College
- Doris Sanders, Jean O’Dell and Karen M. Siegel Learning Centers; May 1, 7 p.m., Tenoroc High School
- East Area Adult, West Area Adult, GED Program; May 22, 6 p.m., Branscomb Auditorium, Florida Southern College
- Fort Meade High School, May 22, 6 p.m., Fort Meade Middle-Senior Gymnasium
- Fresh Start — Lakeland, May 20, 7 p.m., Branscomb Auditorium, Florida Southern College
- Frostproof High School, May 20, 6 p.m., Faris Brannen Stadium, Frostproof
- Gause Academy of Leadership, May 23, 5:30 p.m., Bartow Civic Center
- Harrison School for the Arts, May 23, 4 p.m., Youkey Theatre, RP Funding Center
- Polk Virtual & Polk Acceleration, May 20, 2 p.m., Branscomb Auditorium, Florida Southern College
- Ridge Technical College, May 22, 6 p.m., Lake Eva Event Center, Haines City
- Roosevelt Academy, May 24, 7 p.m., Roosevelt Auditorium, Lake Wales
- Traviss Technical College, May 16, 6 p.m., Branscomb Auditorium, Florida Southern College
Schools having graduations at 2 p.m. will be released at 12 p.m. on the day of their ceremony. The last day of school for seniors is May 17.
The complete schedule of graduation ceremonies is available here.
For additional information about specific ceremonies, parents should contact their child’s school.