This school year, Polk County Public Schools honored the outstanding work of its more than 13,000 employees through Focused on Excellence, a special recognition campaign.
Congratulations to our fourth and final group of winners chosen from our classroom teacher and 12-month teacher positions:
- Tonya Clayton, first-grade teacher — Fred G. Garner Elementary
- Candace Chappell-George, kindergarten teacher — Highlands Grove Elementary
- Kyle Carlton, agriscience teacher — George Jenkins Senior High
- Robyn Day, kindergarten teacher — Wendell Watson Elementary
- April Johnson, ESE classroom teacher — Lewis Anna Woodbury Elementary
“Every day, there are countless examples of how PCPS employees go beyond the call of duty to support students,” said Jeanette Crowley, senior coordinator of Strategic Partnerships and program manager for Focused on Excellence.
“This yearlong campaign helps spotlight how our employees exemplify excellence, demonstrate teamwork and are committed to the mission of always placing Students First,” she said.
Each quarter, nominations were accepted for different groups of employees.
Winners were selected by a committee and nomination process. They were honored at appreciation luncheons and school board meetings, as well as featured on the district’s social media channels. In addition, they received generous gifts made possible by the program’s sponsors.
For more information about Focused on Excellence, contact email@example.com or 863-457-4708 Ext. 828.