At today’s School Board work session PCPS Chief Financial Officer Michael Perrone gave a look the potential impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the district’s budget. You can see the presentation in the video below:
- The state ended fiscal year 2020 with a net revenue loss of approximately $1.9 billion. Losses of approximately $3.4 billion and $2 billion are expected in fiscal years 2021 and 2022, respectively.
- If the state’s loss is distributed to school districts proportionately, PCPS stands to lose $46.6 million in fiscal year 2021.
- The district has spent more than $5 million on COVID-related expenses, including personal protective equipment and sanitation supplies.
- At this point, no salary reductions are being considered and no layoffs are anticipated.
- PCPS will be posting updates about the fiscal impacts of the pandemic to our website, polkschoolsfl.com.