At this time, Preschool programs to include, VPK, Head Start, and ESE PreK will operate in the face-to-face setting. In the event of an emergency shutdown of an entire school, cluster of schools, or district the following will apply:
- Teacher will contact parent to discuss any distant learning questions they may have and support parent during this time. Head Start Family Service Staff will support families.
- Students will have access to digital materials and instructional activities and/or paper-based lessons to support distance learning during the time schools are closed.
- Teachers may implement Pre-K district-developed, or a combination, of digital support to meet the needs of their diverse students and courses.
- Digital instructional resources will be Instructional core materials using supplemental materials. These resources will support distance learning when a school is closed. Core materials provide standard-based activities. Supplemental materials support learning related to the core materials.
- Distance learning activities are expected for students in all Preschool Programs (VPK, Head Start, and/or ESE PreK).
- Recorded lessons will be made available to students for student that needs extra contact support or not available for instruction block.
- Paper-based lessons will be made available to students. If students are in school when a school closure is announced, paper-based lessons may be distributed to students prior to their dismissal and prior to the school closure. If students are not in session when school closures are announced, paper-based lessons will be made available online at polkschoolsfl.com. Paper-based lessons will be updated periodically throughout extended closures.
> Additional ESE PreK Supports Include:
The district website contains detailed information for parents and students including school contact information. The website is located at polkschoolsfl.com.