Equity & Diversity Management
District & Community Committees We Serve On
These are just a few of the committees we serve on.
Student Code of Conduct
Administrator Screening Selection
Head Start Policy Council
Career Academy Advisory Board
Community Relations Advisory Council (CRAC)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Committee
Facility Vendor Selection (Bid Review)
ESE Advisory Council
Student Behavior Response Team (SBRT)
- We recruit highly qualified personnel that mirror the demographics of our diverse student population.
- We monitor all school sites that fall below 5 percent of staff demographics (black and Hispanic) through the school district’s Diversity Action Plan (DAP) and by providing resources/supports.
- We work to increase the cultural competence of teachers, administrators, district-level staff and community stakeholders through professional learning related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We continue to develop partnerships with local organizations including (but not limited to) local Chambers of Commerce, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Concerned Citizens, Hispanic Educational Group, district PTAs and PTOs, Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) and Community Relations Advisory Council (CRAC).
- We investigate and address incidents of unlawful harassment and inequitable treatment within the school district to promote an inclusive environment conducive to learning and working.
- We prepare position statements and formal responses to complaints filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Council (EEOC), Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and other federal agencies, and providing basic EEO law training to staff as requested.
- We prepare and submit the school district’s Annual Equity Update report to the Florida Department of Education.