COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant
Many adult students attending Traviss Technical College and Ridge Technical College are struggling financially due to the impact of COVID-19 on our community.
For this reason, each technical college has established a COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant to help students with financial needs that they are facing due to the pandemic so they can achieve their academic goals.
This grant is made possible by federal funding through the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act), and can be used to help students with food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and childcare.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
– Be a currently enrolled student at Traviss Technical College or Ridge Technical College
– Be enrolled in a degree or certificate program
– Have a high school diploma or GED (General Educational Development)
– Must be making satisfactory academic progress
– Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
– Complete the online application
– Have not previously received a COVID-19 Aid Grant
To complete the online application, please visit:
Traviss Technical College Application (https://tinyurl.com/ycbzs4rs)
Ridge Technical College Application (https://tinyurl.com/ycnaq2ad)
All grant applications will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office and may require additional criteria be met. Students will be notified on the status of their application via email. Students who qualify for grant funds will have the money disbursed via check after the application window closes.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, June 30, 2020.