Charter schools are open to all students in Florida, pending seat availability. Each charter school has its own application and enrollment process that is approved by its governing board. You must contact the school directly to find out about a specific school’s process.
The charter school shall enroll an eligible student who submits a timely enrollment application unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. In such cases, all applicants shall have an equal chance of admittance through a random selection process or lottery.
The questions below can be used to assist parents/guardians in selecting a school for their children. Responses to these questions, along with a school visit, can be helpful in the selection process.
- Does the school meet my family’s basic needs?
- What separates this school from others?
- How long is the school day/year?
- Am I comfortable with the physical environment?
- How are behavior problems handled?
- What role do parents/guardians play at the school?
- What does the school expect from every student?
- How does the school support children with different learning styles and needs?
- How are teachers supported and held to a high standard?
- How is the school performing and what are their goals?