- Adding a Subject Area/Endorsement
- Renewing Professional Certificate
- Temporary Certificate Information
Upgrade to the Professional Certificate
Please follow the 3 Steps listed below to upgrade to the professional certificate when one of the following occurs:
- During the last year of your temporary certificate (Expires in June of the current SY), or
- All requirements listed on your SOE have been met.
Step 1: Go to Florida Department of Education’s website: https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/login.do
Step 2: Log into your VERSA account.
Step 3: Choose the “Upgrade to Professional Certificate” application.
- Complete the application
Include all coverages that are currently on your temporary certificate.
Document at least one year of teaching experience.
- Submit the application fee of $75.00 directly to the FLDOE.
Per state statue, PCPS must regularly report a list of out-of-field teachers. Teachers are identified as out-of-field based upon their teaching assignment and student enrollment, as required in the Florida Department of Education Course Code Directory. Teachers who teach one or more classes of a subject that is not a subject area listed on their Florida Educator’s Certificate are considered out-of-field.