POLK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT AND AFSCME 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 NEGOTIATIONS
PCPS SALARY PROPOSAL FOR THE THREE AFSCME COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
BUS DRIVERS AND BUS ATTENDANTS/CUSTODIAL/EERS/MAINTENANCE/VEHICLE SERVICES/WAREHOUSE SCHOOL NUTRITION ASSISTANTS
AUGUST 3, 2021 AS ORIGINALLY PROPOSED JULY 30, 2021
AGREEMENT TO SETTLE 2020-2021, 2021-2022 AND 2022-2023
APPLICABLE TO ALL AFSCME GROUPS EXCEPT BUS DRIVERS
- $11 minimum starting salary retroactive to July 1, 2021
- One (1) salary level movement for eligible employees (ONLY in SY2021-22 beginning July 1, 2021). Eligible employees must have worked one (1) day over one half of their 2020-21 contract year.
- $.75 increase per hour (in addition to one (1) salary level movement above) for 2021-22 and in 2022-23 (effective July 1, 2022)
- Employees at top of their respective salary schedules will receive an additional 0.10 (10 cents) per hour only in SY2021-22
- In the event there is a fluctuation in the total funding per student received from FEFP for Polk County Public Schools greater than or equal to 2% in either direction, positive or negative, or, if the assigned/unassigned general fund balance is projected to fall below 3% in accordance with state statute, the parties agree to renegotiate automatic salary advancement. This provision supersedes any other language in the three AFSCME collective bargaining agreements regarding financial urgency.
BUS DRIVER PROPOSAL
|1||$13.40||1||$14.50 (8.21% increase)|
|2||$14.17||2||$15.00 (5.86% increase)|
|3||$15.46||3||$16.21 (4.85% increase)|
|5||$17.98||5||$18.99 (4.11% increase)|
|6||$18.24||6||$19.08 (4.09% increase)|
**Please note the following regarding the UPDATED proposal:
- All new hires will be placed at level 1 prior to a review of their verifiable years of experience.
- NEW hires will only be given credit for a maximum of 10 years of outside non-PCPS experience.
- All PCPS current drivers with 2-5 years of verifiable POLK experience will move to level 2
- All PCPS current bus drivers with 6-10 years of verifiable POLK experience will move to level 3
- All PCPS current bus drivers with 11-15 years of verifiable POLK experience will move to level 4
The parties agree to negotiate a Memorandum of Understanding regarding alternate non-route activity duties for drivers to assist schools with pandemic-related duties for SY21- 22 and for SY22-23. This is for additional work to help the schools (tutoring, custodial, food service). These services will be performed by the bus drivers at $13 per hour, not to exceed approximately $2.6 million including benefits from ESSR II Funding over two years. This offer is pending approval of the ESSR II grant application.
2022 Health Plan
The parties agree to jointly negotiate the 2022 Self-Funded Employee Health Plan year (January 1-December 31, 2022) with the Polk Education Association.