- Be on a temporary certificate that expires on June 30, 2022, or June 30, 2023.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Secure a full-time, paid K-12 instructional position with PCPS in a position that does not vary from day to day.
- [Participants must be the teacher of record with students assigned to them as their teacher. Participants must be teaching in their area of temporary certification. ACE tasks do require direct student contact over time and the ability to create a curriculum used by students. (Due to FLDOE Guidelines, these employment classifications cannot be accepted into the ACE Program: Deans, Social Workers, Facilitators, Councilors, Instructional Coaches, Administrators, Intensive Reading, Gifted, Adult School, or PreK Teachers, Administrators, or Testing Coordinators. To enter the program, Media Specialists must be assigned classes of students to teach.)]
- All Applicants must have completed these pre-requirements prior to applying for the ACE Program:
(Subject Area Test, General Knowledge Test, Reading Competency 1, Reading Competency 2, an ESOL Class, and PEC
*Elementary, ESE, PreK-Primary Certified Teachers must also have completed: Reading Competency 3, Reading Competency 4*
Applicants wishing to secure more guidance as they work through the pre-requirements may wish to join the Pre ACE-Track email distribution list.)
The last day to apply for those on a temporary certificate that expires on June 30, 2022, is May 1, 2021
The last day to apply for those on a temporary certificate that expires on June 30, 2023, is May 1, 2022
*ACE is no longer accepting applicants on a temporary certificate that expires on June 30, 2021