ACE - Professional Development Certification Program
In accordance with Florida statutes, the ACE Professional Development Certification Program is designed to provide mid-career professionals the opportunity to fulfill instructional requirements to qualify as an educator. After completing the ACE program, the participant may seek a professional teaching certificate.
The ACE Professional Development program is provided online through the FLDOE EdVentures program.
- Participants work online at their own pace.
- Monthly online orientations are provided to assist participants in getting started with the program.
- Optional face-to-face mentoring sessions, Saturday workshops, and summer workshops are provided to assist participants with the program requirements.
- A mentor is available to assist participants at their school site with job-embedded professional development.
Administrators looking for more information on the ACE program can view a five-minute recorded webinar linked here.
Prospective participants must:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- Secure a full-time, paid instructional position with Polk County Public Schools in a position that does not vary from day to day. (Participants must be the teacher of record with students assigned to them as their teacher. ACE tasks do require direct student contact over time. Currently we are unable to accept deans, social workers, and testing coordinators into the program.)
- Meet the subject area requirement by achieving a passing score on an FLDOE Subject Area Exam for the subject area taught
- Pass all subtests of the General Knowledge Exam.
- Acquire a Florida Temporary Teaching Certificate and Statement of Eligibility
ACE Program Application
Cost for program participation is $1000.
Cost for District Charter School Participants is $1250
Checks should be made payable to Polk County Public Schools. ACE currently does not accept payroll deduction or credit card payments. Fees must be paid in full upon application to the program.
The last day to join ACE for those teachers on a 2020 temporary certification is June 1, 2019
Participants who were in the military may qualify for financial assistance. You can find more information about the Troops to Teachers Program here.
EdVentures Task Site
Access ACE Tasks on the EdVentures website at this link: http://tracking.altcertflorida.org/Auth/LogOn. You will sign in with the user name D-53-FirstInitialLastName. Your initial password is “newaccount.” Please log on and change your password upon admittance into the ACE Program.
Finding Scores for Your Task
Participants may access scores for their completed tasks at EdVentures.
Professional Education Test Study Materials
This Moodle site has been set up to assist teachers in studying for the FTCE Professional Education test. This test must be taken and passed prior to completion of the ACE Program. Test results take up to four weeks to post to your FLDOE account.
Follow instructions for access the site here: FTCE Professional Education Test.
Please refer to the FTCE Teacher Test Study Assistance webpage for more testing information.
Turning in Tasks for Feedback and Scoring
The participant should e-mail the task’s mentor to alert them to the availability of the task for scoring in Moodle. This Moodle site will not alert the mentor automatically. The list of mentors can be found on this page under the heading Mentors.
As a general rule, mentors will provide feedback and scoring of tasks within seven days of the participant’s notification of the task’s submission in Moodle.
Resources for Paid ACE Charter School Participants
Resources for Paid ACE Participants
Reading Competency 2
Reading Competency 2 is a required course for all ACE participants. The 14-week Polk County Public Schools Moodle offering of this course is free to ACE participants. Participants must sign up for Reading Competency 2 separately from the ACE Program.
You can find more information about Reading Competency 2 on the Reading Endorsement web page.