Polk County Public Schools, located in Central Florida, is searching for its next Superintendent of Schools. The visionary candidate must be eager to lead a consistently high-achieving school district and have extensive knowledge of and experience creating a district atmosphere that focuses on the future while honoring past successes.
County facts include: 10.5 percent lower cost of living than the national average, no state income tax, and 17 municipalities that cover 2,011 square miles of land/lakes. The area has a rich history of agriculture but has emerged as a hub for high-tech industries.
Polk County Public Schools is recognized statewide for its many innovative and high-quality educational programs and services and is accredited by AdvanceED. As the 7th largest school district in Florida with nearly 88,000 students, 13,000 employees and more than 150 schools, the district serves students of all ages and abilities. Thirty certified career academies, six Florida Arts Model schools and International Baccalaureate programs in nine of the schools serve students in grades K-12.
With extensive business and community support, the School Board seeks a leader to propel Polk County education to the next level. For more information on the Polk County School District, visit: https://polkschoolsfl.com.
The seven-member Polk County School Board is seeking a talented, experienced and results-driven leader to serve as the district’s next Superintendent of Schools.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- 10 years of educational or equivalent business or governmental experience with at least five years in executive leadership positions
- Must be domiciled/maintain homestead in Polk County within six months of employment
- Doctorate degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in a school district of at least 25,000 students or a comparatively sized government or business organization
- Experience as superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal or in a position of similar responsibility in a government or business organization
The School Board is prepared to offer a three-year contract with a salary range of $215,000-$275,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus competitive benefits. Candidates selected as finalists must be available for on-site interviews during the week of April 19, 2021. The position start date is July 1, 2021 with a mutually agreeable transition period beginning in May 2021.
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- A resume with a signed cover letter
- A maximum of three letters of professional recommendation
- Documents verifying current certifications, and a copy of college transcripts reflecting the highest degree held (copies of transcript are acceptable but official transcripts are required prior to employment)
All application materials referenced above must be emailed to email@example.com and received no later than the application deadline of midnight on January 31, 2021.